January 6, 2018

Another Birthday in heaven.....




Two years, and a lifetime ago.



Two years ago this morning at 5:19 in the early morning hours we welcomed our first daughter into this world and as they put that tiny little lady on my chest I knew from this day on, everything would be different.

 
She came loud and ready to fight. Minutes after she was born I placed in the arms of strangers and entrusted them with her safety.



Two years ago today I sat outside an elevator waiting to see her and saw the sunrise in a whole new way.



Two years ago, I saw life in a whole new way.


Two years ago it was just as bitter cold as it still is today.



Two years ago I never would have pictured celebrating her birthday this way.






Birthday's are kinda a big deal in our house, and even though she cant be here to celebrate with us that wont change a thing.






               We are still celebrating, enjoying cake and singing Happy Birthday.

             Because today, today is her day. Today is all about her and her life... In heaven.
        Today we are having a "party" like last year and making memories with her at heart.



I sit and wonder everyday what her days are like in Heaven and how beautiful it must be, and for another year I wonder what a birthday must look like, for I can only imagine the beauty she see's.


One day, those day's will be celebrated together again when we meet again. But until then, today is her day here.



Today, the tears may flow more than usual, and the conversations may be shorter, but today, I will hold in my heart the birthday of my beautiful 5lb 15oz sweet little girl and remember how safe she is and much love she feels.



Happy Birthday in Heaven baby girl. <3
     
 







No comments:

Post a Comment