February 4, 2016

Remember....

"I'm so sorry to hear of your loss" "How are you holding up" "I can't imagine what you're going through" 

Those are just a few of the many conversation starters we hear lately. 
They come when I least expect, they sometimes follow with hard words to get out, sometime with smiles and laugh's. 
 But one thing they always come with is memories. Memories of the short but amazing couple weeks we had with our angel. Memories of her smiles, and smell. Memories of the first time she looked at us. So many memories that will never fade. Memories of life that left so quickly but never leaves us. 

Paisley-Ann taught us so much in just her short time. She brought so much joy, and added so much love to our family. 
Though my heart is still broken and will never be whole again I refuse to let the sadness bring me down. I refuse to live in the dark. I will celebrate because she lived, I will celebrate because though my heart is broken hers is whole again and even though it's not how I planned nor imagined it would be, my baby girl is whole again and pain free and that's all I could ever want for her. She is in glorious heaven, whole and pain free. 

The painful memories of her end on this earth will not be the memories we dwell on, will not be the memories that define us. She offered so much more than those painful memories. She gave us so many amazing memories and those will be what carry us through, those will be the memories we live on. 

We want to talk about her, we want you to talk about her. Hearing her name is so amazing especially out of the mouths of others. She will never leave us and it's a great feeling to know she is still with you as well. We love to tell others about her, to laugh as we tell a funny story of something she did or to try and explain her sassy little attitude. We want her to be remembered through those things. To be thought of in happy times and not sad. She wouldn't want us to be sad. 

So remember the great times, remember the funny things, remember the sassy attitude and most of all remember Paisley-Ann! 





No comments:

Post a Comment